July 17, 2011

A little out of the ordinary...


Sunday Matinée


today’s feature: l.a. noire

Hello, my name is Christine and I may do have a slight huge gaming addiction. Hence why this weeks matinee is a little different. For some time now I have been a fan of Rockstar Games (have you seen their graphics?) so when I heard that they were coming out with a new game I was excited. And even if your not a gamer you may still want to stick around, trust me!

L.A. Noire is the story of Cole Phelps a man who decided to join the force after his service in the war effort in, get this, 1947! As he hunts for clues, interrogates suspects, and solves cases, he works his way up the food chain. I would tell you more, but I actually only started playing the game myself yesterday.

The reason I was so drawn to this game was for the fact that this game uses a lot of the same story lines as movies and novels from the 40’s as it’s main plot. (So all you Film Noir fans, this would be the game for you, especially if you ever wished you could be right in the middle of the movie. See I told you to stick around for a reason.) Because of that I decided that it was fitting to feature it as a “Sunday Matinee.” Well that, and the fact I have been eating, sleeping and drinking this game for the past 24 hours and forgot the movie I was actually going to feature, whoops!

Well I better get going, those bad guys won’t catch themselves. Stay crafty!



No comments:

Post a Comment