July 24, 2011

Sunday Matinée: Mamma Mia!


Mamma Mia
 
Director: Phyllida Lloyd
Writers: Catherine Johnson (musical book & screenplay)
Stars: Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan and Amanda Seyfried
 
Favorite Quote: “We danced on the beach, kissed on the beach and dot, dot, dot.”
 
I’m not going to lie to you, I am obsessed with this movie/musical! Growing up my mom would play tons of ABBA songs and when I heard that their was a musical based on the songs I was excited!

Mamma Mia! is the story of a 20-year-old daughter, Sophie, living with her mother, Donna, in Greece at the hotel they inherited. Sophie is about to get married and wanted to invite her father. That’s where the story gets  interesting, Sophie has found one of Donna’s diaries from the year she was pregnant and learns that she has three possible fathers. So what would any person do but invite all three of them to the wedding!

It’s such a feel good movie that I love and I can watch it over and over and  never get sick of it. Plus, Meryl Streep is Donna, and who doesn’t love Meryl Streep?!

So if you want a movie to watch a girls night, date night, whatever kind of  night I recommend you check this one out. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment