October 4, 2011

Tuesday Hideout

Tuesdays are the longest day of the week starting at 8 a.m. and going until 6 p.m. Thank goodness that I have breaks in there or I would be unbearable (although I'm pretty grumpy by the end of the day anyway but who isn't really?).

Every Tuesday I have to grab lunch at one of the on campus cafes most of the time it ends up being a beverage and something simple like a granola bar or string cheese. But today I was able to sit down and enjoy a lunch for a chance at my favorite place. There is one building, and one spot in particular, that you can find me almost everyday. (I should just put a bed somewhere since I'm there more than my apartment it seems.) And today I got to thinking...


Kildee Hall is the Animal/Dairy Science location on campus although almost every introductory course is held in the big lecture hall. Ever since I came for a visit in high school I have loved this building, especially for its huge cow mosaic wall. Sophomore year is when I decided to explore this building more, mostly out of boredom between classes, and that's when I found it, the perfect location to "get away."

On the second floor there is a table, some chairs and even a couple couches at this juncture where the original meets the addition of the building. It's a very open area that hardly gets any foot traffic, there is an entire wall of windows that lets the warm sunshine in, and you can still hear the hustle and bustle of the students below trying to make it to class on time. I like to think of it as a place I can hear the heartbeat that makes up Kildee. Here I am able to study, do some homework, talk with friends and even take a nap to catch up on some sleep. Plus it has an amazing view of the cow mosaic. I'm really going to miss this place after graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment