April 10, 2012

Weaknesses

Everybody has a weakness, heck even Superman does! Nobody is perfect and it's all apart of what makes us human.

I, myself, have quite a few "weaknesses" and will be the first to acknowledge them:

  • Some comments people make towards me I let get under my skin.
  • I have low self-esteem/confidence; Always have and always will, but with age I begin to feel more sure of myself. 
  • I am "socially awkward" in the sense that I am very shy and take a while to warm up to people.
  • I have problems trusting people and letting people in.

And I could go on. These weaknesses are just a part of what makes me, me and I'm okay with that. Do you want to know why? It's because I know that if I just keep working at them they won't be as "crippling" as they once were. 

(So my message to you, Past, Present & Future Christine, is don't let these weaknesses consume you and define you as a person. There is so much more to you than these characteristics alone. And if anyone uses these in a way to hurt you, just put on that smile and remember how far you have come.)

2 comments:

  1. Christine, that was well said. You should be proud of the growth you see in yourself. You are right, as we get older we become more comfortable with who we are. Start confessing the positive about yourself. Tell yourself that you ARE confident. You certainly shared this story with a lot of selfconfidence. Admitting to weaknesses is not an easy thing to do, but you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are already way ahead of the game, Christine! Everyone has things that they need to work on and the ability to recognize it, is what matters! The things you said that you need to work on are things that many people find challenging...including me!

    Thanks for sharing.
    Mandy @ The Chockboard

    ReplyDelete