May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day (in advance)

As most of you know, tomorrow is Mother's Day which is a great time to honor and cheerish not only our moms, but all the important women in our lives. Personally, I am taking over the household chores that my mom does on a daily basis for today and tomorrow so she can relax. My mom is in love with lilacs so I also ordered her a lilac bush/tree but that won't get here for a while yet. But here is a picture of what it will hopefully grow to become.



Its called Aucubaefolia, and it has green leaves with speckles of yellow running through them and is a deep purple bud that bursts open to be sky blue. Plus it is very fragrant, which is probably my second favorite part about spring (tulips are my favorite).  This lovely variety of lilacs I ordered from Christine's Lilacs which is based in Maine, quite the distance from Iowa that that little guy will be making. When it arrives I will take picture of our planting experience.

I hope all of you have a great Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment