June 15, 2010

I'm "On the Edge"


for these pillowcases by You Go Girl! that is (sorry bad joke). I absolutely fell in love with these babies, so much so that I used the same fabric. That's right, that mystery fabric I ordered a while back...


















If you are wondering, both fabrics are from the collection Love by Amy Butler (It's like sleeping on a field of flowers). That ball of yarn there is from the Shine Sport selection by KnitPicks in Green Apple. Doesn't it look great with the fabric? It's nice and soft too, great for a pillowcase. And since I'm handing out compliments, I have to say that the tutorial to make these pillowcases is easy to follow and includes great photos for us visualizers! So "You Go Girl!" (another bad joke, sorry)


















Considering I haven't sewn in a year or so and never done a hem they came out really nice. Don't they look great in the sunshine? I'm ready to go crawl into bed right now! ZZZZzzzzz.... huh...what OH SORRY!

Basically, if you have seen these pillowcases around other blogs or the tutorial itself and have thought about making them...DO IT!! Such an easy project that will brighten up any bed, plus when you rest your head on them you can go to sleep knowing you made them with your own two hands. Stay crafty!


No comments:

Post a Comment