March 24, 2012

Slice of Life: Am vs. Should

In one of the previous posts I had eluded to my skill of being able to find anything and everything to-do other than what I really should be working on. Here is the prime example of the night:

What I should be doing...
  • Finalizing the HACCP Plan for Spamette project and begin working on the SSOP's and SOP's, also make a cover page/logo
  • Work on the Powerpoint for the Raw Hamburger Patty HACCP Plan
  • Review Sign Language for the test tomorrow
What I'm really doing...
  • Crocheting 'ripple' blanket
  • Reading 'The Help'
  • Catching up on my television shows
  • Reading blogs
  • Playing Words with Friends & DrawSomething
  • Laundry
Here's to a late night!

6 comments:

  1. We all have those moments that we the Am vs. Should! They both have their importance in our lives... Have fun with what you are doing for now ... you will know when you have to get back to the Should things!
    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arrh! avoidance. The delicious dilemma of should versus could. Good luck with that one... I like the introspection of your piece. It highlights the human condition in one of its less glowing moments. Moments, we have all experienced and find easy to relate to.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  3. what you should be doing sounds far too complicated - the second list more enticing. I am sure you haven't missed a deadline yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am vs. Should
    In my experience Am wins hands down until the last moment when Should goes into overdrive and gets everything done. Then everyone says, "Oh you are so organized!" If only they knew:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sometimes doing what we want rather than what we should is good mental health! So good for you ...I'm addicted to words with friends so I get it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes in the end afer all the procrastinating I feel more focused or is that just a rationalization?!?

    ReplyDelete