March 5, 2012

Slice of Life Challenge: I Won't Give Up

Today I wanted to share with you one of the most beautiful songs I have heard in a long time. I think I have mentioned earlier that I am a senior in college and will be graduating in May. Exciting, right? I know I am, but I still have my reservations. Mainly because I still haven't found the place where I am to begin my next chapter, which worries me. But I know that I am not the only one going through this, let alone know that this is not the worst thing that could be happening to me.

So I dedicate this post to all those who are facing a new chapter and/or going through a rough patch in life. If you are reading this know that "I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough. I'm giving you all my love. I'm still looking up."  You have all the support I can give (see poll "WHAT DO YOU NEED?" to the right) and I hope that it reaches you, where ever you may be, soon. All I ask in return is that you share that love and support with someone else in need.

With that I leave you with "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz (highlighted below are my favorite lyrics of the song):


When I look into your eyes
It's like watching the night sky
Or a beautiful sunrise
There's so much they hold
And just like them old stars
I see that you've come so far
To be right where you are
How old is your soul?

I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up

And when you're needing your space
To do some navigating
I'll be here patiently waiting
To see what you find

'Cause even the stars they burn
Some even fall to the earth
We've got a lot to learn
God knows we're worth it
No, I won't give up

I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily
I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make
Our differences they do a lot to teach us how to use
The tools and gifts we got yeah, we got a lot at stake
And in the end, you're still my friend at least we did intend
For us to work we didn't break, we didn't burn
We had to learn how to bend without the world caving in
I had to learn what I've got, and what I'm not
And who I am

I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up
Still looking up.

I won't give up on us (no I'm not giving up)
God knows I'm tough enough (I am tough, I am loved)
We've got a lot to learn (we're alive, we are loved)
God knows we're worth it (and we're worth it)

I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for such a good supportive post. I don't know that song, so it's good to read through it & think there's someone out there thinking of mw & my needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Jason just from Maroon 5 and the Voice and great song lyrics are inspiring. Great way to be inspired for your next chapter, Christine,
    Good luck,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine--this is how I always think of you, Upbeat, supportive and wanting to help others. The right place will find you, just keep your eyes open! By the way--LOVE Jason Mraz. Have you checked out his blog and web site? Cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine,
    Good for you to never give up! Also, I know it is scary for you young people right now but I bet with your attitude and spirit you will be just fine. I have a nephew who graduated from law school last May and was terrified he would not get a job after taking out so much in loans. But guess what?... he just got a job a month ago... I just kept telling him to be positive and NEVER GIVE UP!!! Best of luck to you!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm way less cool than all of the above and don't know this musician, but the lyrics are lovely and so positive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry about knowing your future path, God knows where you are going. I also find the times in my life that seemed to be "neatly packaged and planned out" always seemed to be changed. The best plans for our lives are the ones we know nothing about...enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You may not know the plan, but there is one...or two. I just know it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stumbled across Jason Mraz a few years ago--he's a remarkable song writer and performer, and this is truly one of his best. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete