March 8, 2012

Slice of Life:What Were You Thinking?

It's days like these I ask myself, "What were you thinking?"

For my last year of college I decided to tack on a Food Science minor in hopes of broadening my options after graduation, well that and I have enjoyed working at the food processing plant in my hometown. However, the courses I have to take this semester for the minor are starting to get to me.

For all these classes, my groups and I must come up with HACCP Plans, SOP's, SSOP's, GMP's and more "alphabet soup." My laptop and I have been glued to the hip; I think I spent seven hours working on Excel formatting and editing one of the HACCP Plans. Needless to say, my eyes and brain are this close to disowning me.

It's days like these I have to remind myself that it will all be worth it in the end.

10 comments:

  1. Yes!!!! It will be worth it! And by the way I love your "words to live by". . . I may have to borrow them for one of my daily mantras! Thanks and good luck to you Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine, I am so proud of you for sticking to it. Tough to add in more studies, but your goal is important. And although I don't know you personally, I am proud that you are slicing. And commenting. I've seen your name a few times and am glad to finally have stopped by. Your slice today had your voice, and I do hope your eyes/brain will be able to have a quick breather soon. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your voice really comes through in this slice. I like "my eyes and brain are this close to disowning me." Good luck with your studies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alphabet soup... there's a lot of that going around these days!
    Keep on keeping on! It's all worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's perseverance like yours that keeps us all going. I know smooth, dark chocolate always motivates me too.... : ) Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! It will all be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do it! Take a deep breath and slowly let it all out again...you will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life can get tough, but think about it all in the end! Success and accomplishment! Keep truckin'!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It will be worth it. It is exhausting to keep plowing through. :)

    ReplyDelete