March 10, 2012

Slice of Life: The Long Trip Home

After driving for a period of time all I want to do is relax and stretch out. No such luck today. I have been getting mauled to death (in an affectionate way) by dogs and running around like a chicken with its head chopped off. You see I just arrived home after being away for two and a half months so there was a lot to catch up on. My family and the dogs all seemed to fight for my attention, pulling me in all different ways.

I love them dearly, but I'm here for a week there is no need to cram everything in the first day I'm back.

I really wish I had more energy to write. On the drive up I thought of so many slices to share while I'm here for inspiration. But frankly right now I am exhausted and it doesn't sound like the rest of the weekend will be much better with everything that my family has planned. Don't get me wrong, I could not be more happier to be home and spending time with my family. However, my body is telling me it just wants to stay at home and relax for a couple days, not go on all these excursions.

So here's hoping that when Monday gets here my body gets what it needs, I can get some homework done and actually right a decent post again.

3 comments:

  1. May you rest and recoup and be refreshed for the upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on snatching a nap and getting some things accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you got the rest you needed. Nice to know you're loved and missed, though, right?

    ReplyDelete