March 12, 2012

Slice of Life: Missing that Hour

Being at home I am always distracted whether it's dogs, family, cooking or cleaning. I always start off breaks by making a list of things to get done, but there is always something that gets in my way. Plus losing that hour hasn't helped any matters. So my to-do list for tomorrow is:
  • Get Sign Language homework done
  • E-mail groups back about HACCP Plans and work on them
  • Type up some more of my great-grandma's diaries
  • Write a decent slice
  • Make Taco Pasta and Cheese Danish
  • Pick-up Dalton from school
  • Clean
And last but not least, hope the dogs sleep during the day so I can get all this done (I don't know what children are like, but I think my dogs could give your kids a run for their money in terms of trying to get attention).

3 comments:

  1. I {heart} lists. I love the asides at the beginning and the end.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your great grandma's diaries sound enticing. I have always been mesmerized when I had the opportunity to read diaries. Diaries give such a window on another time and place. It would be great to connect diaries and journal to other literature or even comparing it to what is happening today.

    I liked your post. You are very good at making it read like a conversation with just me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both Ruth and Storykeeper are right. I love lists too, but this sounds just like you talking. And you are writing good slices!

    ReplyDelete